Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Questions and Answers

News From the Moderator


With only a week to go before our face to face meeting to discuss The London Train, I thought it might be a good time to catch up with you and make sure our site is working for our readers.  Since you, the members of CapRadio Reads, are our first priority, I would like to ask a few questions.  First, is it clear how you need to sign up to Join The Club? Joining the club will only need to be done one time.  Once you are a member you will receive first notice of all our special events and our regular monthly Face to Face meetings. Since we hope to have new people joining all the time, as word gets out, the link to Join the Club will be on each blog posting. It will be highlighted and will allow you to click through , like this:JOIN THE CLUB

The other link you will always see in the blog, is the link that allows you to sign up for the next meeting, whether it be a Face to Face or a Special Author Event.  You will need to sign up for these events each month and it will also be a link that will allow you to click through, and look like this:Sign Up Here

These are the two ways you will be able to join us and enjoy all the exciting benefits of CapRadio Reads in person. Of course, you are welcome, anytime, to join us here on the blog and we not only welcome, but desire your participation here.  On that note, just a few questions and I'll let you get back to the book, so you finish it before our meeting on Tuesday, February 12th at 6:30pm in the Community Room at Capital Public Radio.

How do you feel about hardback books versus paperback? New releases are usually in hardback for almost a year and sometimes I just can't wait to introduce one of these titles. They are more expensive, but can usually be found at a discount. Please let me have your opinion. 
I do a lot of research on the books I choose, but one of the great pleasures of a bookclub is learning about books from fellow readers. Please send me suggestions. I can't promise I will use them, but I will promise to compose a list and post them here so others may enjoy them. If you have any questions, that you would rather not post, or a question on how to post a comment, please email me at Lorini@csus.edu.  See you next week!

5 comments:

  1. Hardbacks are fine with me (bigger print!) and are affordable on Amazon. I totally understand not being able to wait for the paperback :-)
    You asked about suggestions, so here are a few from me:
    "Family Matters" by Rohinton Mistry
    "Supersad True Love Story" by Gary Shteyngart
    "Of Human Bondage" by Somerset Maugham

    I hope we will get more people to post on this blog. I'm feeling lonely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came down with a bad cold and can't come to tonight's meeting :-( I'm so disappointed. I've been really looking forward to it. I hope to see everyone next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We missed you, but I see you are signed up for March. Will see you then, and thanks for the great input.

      Delete
  3. Another great selection for the club's second meeting--thanks, Vicki! I just posted my review here.

    Hardcover, paperback, ebook--I'm not fussy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep this going please, great job!

    my weblog :: central air units

    ReplyDelete