Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Always Looking Both Ways

Janus, The Roman God of Doorways

And so, CapRadio Readers, we are coming to the end of our book for March. I have heard from many of you that you have really enjoyed reading The Light Between Oceans, and didn't want it to end. I think that is the sign of a really great book.  Now we are getting ready for our Face to Face meeting and you can
 Sign Up Here if you would like to attend, and tell us what you thought.  I am going to ask you all to bring your own discussion questions to the meeting. Of course I have read the book, and have lots to talk about, but I am hoping (and this is at the suggestion of another member of our club) that I can turn the conversation over to you all. Get to know one another, and your reading habits and preferences. One question I would like to ask is, it seems most of you "liked" the characters in this book, as against the characters in our last selection, The London Train. Was this influencial in your like or dislike of the book itself?  Is it that the characters are more likeable, or is it that they were more fleshed out, so you actually knew them better? I wonder....
If you won't be able to attend the Face to Face, please leave your questions here, and I will happily explore them for you with the group. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Vicki-- I just received the book light gift from CapRadio Reads! Thank you! It will be very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to get together tomorrow night to discuss M. L Stedman's The Light Between Oceans! Read my review here.
    (Oh--my wife is also delighted with the book light!)

    ReplyDelete